Discuss Heatline Compact S24, intermitent fault, error code 90/ flame or gas failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davetah

Hi,

I've been called out to a Heatline Compact S24, which was not giving hot water or heating, and error code 90/ flame or gas failure fault light flashing. Cleaned & serviced it, checked connections etc & boiler fired up. Both heating & hot water working OK independantly of each other for a time. When there is no demand on the boiler for a while:thinking:, the whole fault re-appears, and you need to go right back through the whole thing again, until it suddenly decides to respond . When system NOT working properly, if only asking for hot water, boiler going through ignition procedure but not firing up, although error code 90/ flame or gas failure fault light not appearing (only showing when heating demanded). Any ideas?

Sounds like a board or a connection of some sort. If it's not firing up could still be a flame sense electrode fault. My bet is a PCB but couldn't really be sure. You getting gas through when it fails?

I've checked the connections, and looked on back of the board for 'dry' joints, or signs of tracking/arcing burning, but everything looks OK. Am not sure if lack of gas is due to the 'fault signal', which cuts off the supply PDQ. Will monitor in the first seconds. Heatline not being uber helpful, just suggest replacing a raft of components on the 'might be' basis, most of which are fixable, even when faulty. No wonder customers think we want to fleece them. Don't understand why the fault comes & goes when connections & board seem good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Davetah,
Check out the burner pressure during ignition. If to low it may light sometimes but others... you can adjust the ignition and burner presures via the potentiometers on the PCB.

i would give a wide berth ,these type of jobs are nightmares,intermittant problems,are a pain to trace ,expensive to repair,
i would try and talk them into a new boiler,other than that i would register them on your "friends and family call plan if your with bt!"
because they wont be off the phone to you.

heatlines dirt cheap to buy,spares outrageously expensive,have you heard of a axe?

This kind of fault is a pain but one component will be the culprit. Get the MIs and check the firing sequence. Watch what happens, look at the gauge check for pump kick see if it fails after initial kick, check voltage on APS is it clicking on then off check and clean air intakes and aps hoses with soapy water any of these things can make a boiler fail like that. Then start looking at parts start with the cheapest but tell the client it could cost £300 but the manufacturer can fix for a fixed price usually about £180 up to 3 parts. If you get the basics at least you won't look stupid. Always check the burner pressures, i was ages at an alpha once and was convinced it was the gas valve. Before I gave the client the good news I checked the inlet pressure standing was 22mb as soon as the valve opened it dropped to two. Problem was the junk in the cupboard had fallen on the ECV and nearly turned it off. So check the basics everytime. Worth checking pressure switch isn't blocked as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Compact S24, intermitent fault, error code 90/ flame or gas failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock