Search the forum,

Discuss Heating on when off - intermittent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Burger

Vaillant Ecotec plus 824: heating has been coming on when in the off position.​

So customer hadn’t another engineer (works for same firm) out and said a part needed changing (diverter), so didn’t question it. Changed diverter valve, carried out 26.9 put into p1 to gas rate, exited programme and boiler fired up for ch, however it was off on the time clock and stat, and no radiator symbol in display window. Reset boiler all good, and couldn’t recreate the fault, it behaved as it should (s.30). What I don’t want happening I should the same thing where it just comes on, especially this weather.

External clock: Horstmann 425 coronet
External room stat: Honeywell wireless - didn’t get model

Checked voltage across pin 4 on pcb when the boiler fired up for ch, no voltage. Tested with room stat on, 230v. Checked pcb voltage getting 5v. I’m currently suspecting the external clock but couldn't get to backplate as it wouldn’t come off.

Sorry for long post and couldn’t find any that related, as usual any thoughts welcome and thanks in advance.

Chris.

Edit: should have stated that the clock is set to on 24 hours, but is awaiting over-ride from room stat.

Last edited by a moderator:
That timer's not the prettiest is it!
But still if run signal loops through wireless receiver then it shouldn't be that altho those kind of switches can do some freaky things to your supply voltages

Reply to Heating on when off - intermittent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW. Central heating recently began to occasionally fire up as normal and run until it reached temperature set by flow control thermostat at which point...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock