Discuss Heat Loss With Woodburner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HETAS at least they know what they are doing and have good grounding from the solid flue advisory Board. NAPIT? BEPEC? certification yes, knowledge about solid fuel?

The history of almost all of the HETAS / BPEC courses is that they were jointly developed - my training course notes have both logos equally prominent on them:) And then HETAS / BPEC had a bust up so went their separate ways!

HETAS training is very good. As said the guy who does a lot of it for HETAS actually helped write the Woody Pellets BPEC syllabus. I do know that BPEC skimmed a fair bit out though deeming it un-necessary, which is a shame as the detail the HETAS course went into was what made it brilliant for me. The HETAS Biomass (H0005) is a full 5 days and they don't stretch it out either, whereas the BPEC was being offered as a 3 day at the time, not sure about now.

We are not registered with HETAS but that doesn't make me a cowboy, other registering bodies can offer the same support, it's not black magic. (unless its very sooty)

Annoyingly though the courses from HETAS now have a 5 year expiry date, meaning I have to re-sit my wet & dry again this year. :prrr:

so much can change in 5 years with solid fuels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The body you use to register your work is not important, it's the qualifications you have that counts.

And the need for a co alarm.

nothing a technical bulletin couldn't have sorted. It's all about the revenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat Loss With Woodburner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock