Discuss Having trouble removing regulator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

How do I remove my bath mixer tap regulator? Its quite thin compared to all the videos and photos ive seen of people removing theirs. I bought new female+male aerators but struggling to remove it from the bath tap. Im not sure because its rusted or what but it doesnt budge.

Attachments

• A4EA4C79-A46D-4C02-B78B-C1CE3F63BB23.jpeg
    A4EA4C79-A46D-4C02-B78B-C1CE3F63BB23.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 0977871F-28E8-43D1-B923-E0C8581973AF.jpeg
    0977871F-28E8-43D1-B923-E0C8581973AF.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 12
It looks thin because some are on the exposed section. It will be screwed in or a tight push-fit, normally screwed. If you are replacing then grip tight and twist but it is plastic isn`t it?

It looks thin because some are on the exposed section. It will be screwed in or a tight push-fit, normally screwed. If you are replacing then grip tight and twist but it is plastic isn`t it?
No its metal and ive tried to get a grip on it with pliers but it just slips off. And yes it will be screwed on. This is the first time ive ever attempted to remove it so I think its got build on it so maybe thats why it doesnt want to turn.

No its metal and ive tried to get a grip on it with pliers but it just slips off. And yes it will be screwed on. This is the first time ive ever attempted to remove it so I think its got build on it so maybe thats why it doesnt want to turn.
Google water pump pliers or Swan neck pliers then, doesn't have to be an expensive pair.

Reply to Having trouble removing regulator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, My bathroom is getting redone in a few weeks. I have the option of 2 taps again or a mixer. I've seen online that if the hot flow is 'too...
Replies
Views
I'm moving to a new flat and in the meantime I've acquired a washing machine which smells rough. I thought it might be possible to hook it up to...
Replies
Views
I came across this for the first time yesterday, i have seen something similiar in the past when i was an apprentice but that was a long time ago...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hello. I wonder if anyone can help please. This is my first post. I am trying to replace a washer on the hot tap (simple pillar type) in my...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I am not able to take photos of the following query but will describe it in as much detail as possible. At the moment I have an old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock