Search the forum,

Discuss Have you ever seen mice have a nibble on vertical plastic pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks

We live in the sticks and sometimes have mice in the house. I even saw a stoat once in the loft!

Most of our pipework is copper, but there are a couple of bits that are plastic which I'm going to have changed to copper while the plumber is here doing other work. It's not worth the risk imo. The obvious bits to change are at ground level and in the kind of places mice like. But there's also a run from the top of the cylinder in the airing cupboard, which then comes down behind the cylinder and joins copper beneath the floorboards. Have you ever seen mice have a go at pipes in that kind of position - i.e. vertical-ish and above ground?

Here's a couple of pics. You can't see it all cos the cylinder is in the way, but hopefully it's enough to get the gist.

Many thanks

IMG_20210920_112457791.jpg

IMG_20210920_112522623.jpg

Seen the teeth marks on all plastic pipes and cables, horizontal and vertical, they dont care.

I've seen there bigger cousins go through all types of plastic pipe they love M D P E !
Grey squirrels equally bad few years had van wiring destroyed by them.

Reply to Have you ever seen mice have a nibble on vertical plastic pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock