Discuss Guys who do electrics... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Got a light switch in me gaff that doesn't always turn on. Some times needs bashing a few times (which I perform using a thick rubber soled trainer rather than my finger.

a) Am I likely to be electrocuted at some point

b) Is my house going to blow up / catch fire unless sorted asap

c) what is likely cause / solution

Thanks

Answers

A. Yes

B. Yes

C. GET MISSUS TO HIT IT

ON A SERIOUS NOTE GET A NEW ONE MATE<<<<

you can get a switch and change from a quid.
of course it could just be a loose connection which would cost nothing to fix.

is its two way switching? be sure to put everything back as is.
and of course isolate the power first.

whatever way you go about it use a multimeter to make sure its isolated,light switch easy to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Guys who do electrics... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock