Search the forum,

Discuss guidance on plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaizar

Hi,
I wonder if anybody can give me proper guidance on plumbing course.Presently I am working as a painter and decorator and looking to jump into the plumbing field.I have looked around 4-5 plumbing institutes but not able to decide from where to do the course.Some are offering 6129 level 2/3 and gas safe.some are offfering 6128. It will be really helpful for me if anybody can guide me from where to start.I am looking for full time course and don't want to spend 3/4 years.

waiting for any reply
kaizar

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk kaizar. Thanks for introducing yourself.

do a search before parting with your money
there is no repeat no shortage of plumbers anymore why have you decided on a course the chances of making a good living self employed are slim and no company needs a fast tracker as there are plenty of time served guys scratching a living

Hi
Make sure you do n.v.q as 6129 is just tech certificate, and on it's own is no good, as has been said there is no shortage of plumbers, even offering your services for free will draw a blank.
You may find a catch 22 sistuation were everyone wants hands on experience, but you can't get this as you don't have proper qualifications which you can't get as no one in the trade likes to take on fast track courses, no matter what the colleges say. Be careful as trainning providers will tell you all sorts.
On a happier note the need for plumbers will increase again as more plumbers retire, someone will have to fill that gap.

same old story, i want it now and thats it. if you insist on paying for a course you could get free at a local college over 4 years and expect to walk into a job go on, if you have any sense and have the maturity to take some advice then do an appprenticeship and get some trianing and experience so you can be useful to a company and may be get employed after you finish your training. would you go to a dentist whos done a 12 week short course???

same old story, i want it now and thats it. if you insist on paying for a course you could get free at a local college over 4 years and expect to walk into a job go on, if you have any sense and have the maturity to take some advice then do an appprenticeship and get some trianing and experience so you can be useful to a company and may be get employed after you finish your training. would you go to a dentist whos done a 12 week short course???

It seems very difficult to get taken on as an apprentice when you're over 20 something, which is a shame as I think mature people would take the opportunity more seriously (or I know I would :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to guidance on plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock