Discuss Gsr a joke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Having reported illegal gas works to gsr this is an email i recieved back from them ,

Dear Sir

Many thanks for providing the information below.

As the advertisement does not specify where the work was undertaken, we will unfortunately be able to investigate the matter further. It should also be noted that if as the advertisement seems to suggest, that the owner of the property has undertaken gas work in their own home, they would not be required to be registered with Gas Safe, and would instead be required only to be competent as defined under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

However, should the property be let to a member of the public, the property owner would have a duty of care to ensure that a competent, Gas Safe registered business have been employed to undertake such work.

Should you encounter any other instances of gas work which may have been undertaken in breach of the gas safety regs, please feel free to contact me directly to advise, at which point a decision will be made as to whether the matter may be pursued as part of the Gas Safe Register terms of reference. Many thanks once again.

Kind Regards

Ronan Howard
National Investigations Coordinator
Gas Safe Register

SO in other words waste of my yime reporting this and if its in your own home then anyone can work on gas 'if they are competent' JOKEE JOKE JOKE JOKE!!!!
makes me question the point of our reg fee's !!

spot on mate ,at least you got replay back as i did two riddor reports back last winter ........never heard back from this idiots

I said on another thread that if it wasn't compulsory,how may people would join? You have to ask what is the purpose of it? Is it to promote better,safer standards,or is to make money?

It seems to me that all you get is the right to use the logo and a magazine.Wish I'd thought of it!

, we will unfortunately be able to investigate the matter further. (quote)
Should that read 'fortunately' or should there be a 'un' just before able. I don't think that reply you got was proof read. Speaks volumes really about the organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gsr a joke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock