Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos comfort pm recirculation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a new home with one of these fitted. The documentation is pictorial and woeful on operation. The unit is fitted correctly and in operation and pumps ok. There are three indication lights on it - a thermometer (which I think is for operation in temperature mode - I think this is supposed to keep the return temperature at some level) , an automatic symbol and 100% symbol. If I push the one button I can go to 100% or temperature mode but never have I managed to set it to automatic - which I would have thought is the object of the device.

Also it flashes the temperature symbol at times - this might be when it has decided to stop?

Finally if I try to reset it, by holding the button down it goes first to 100% then does seem to reset (guessing) after about 5s.

Has anyone found anything that explains the modes and meanings of the indicators please. The documentation that came with it is really useless and I've not found better on the web...
Thanks

Is the temperature sensor attached to the pipe ?

Note the bottom line of the paragraph.

The AUTOADAPT function automatically adjusts the
number of operating hours, based on the hot-water
consumption in the given system.
The AUTOADAPT function requires a temperature
sensor to be installed on the flow pipe 20 to 50 cm
from the boiler outlet. This sensor and the temperature
sensor incorporated in the pump detect when hot water
is tapped. The detected tapping events are logged and
used to predict the consumption pattern. The
AUTOADAPT function automatically controls the on/off
behaviour of the pump according to this pattern. This
ensures that the pump only runs when necessary,
which saves both heat energy and electrical energy.
The pump needs two weeks to adapt when hot water is
tapped. This means that the pump starts up in
temperature mode the first two weeks even if you have
selected AUTOADAPT.

This link downloads the PDF manual

Note the bottom line of the paragraph.

The AUTOADAPT function automatically adjusts the
number of operating hours, based on the hot-water
consumption in the given system.
The AUTOADAPT function requires a temperature
sensor to be installed on the flow pipe 20 to 50 cm
from the boiler outlet. This sensor and the temperature
sensor incorporated in the pump detect when hot water
is tapped. The detected tapping events are logged and
used to predict the consumption pattern. The
AUTOADAPT function automatically controls the on/off
behaviour of the pump according to this pattern. This
ensures that the pump only runs when necessary,
which saves both heat energy and electrical energy.
The pump needs two weeks to adapt when hot water is
tapped. This means that the pump starts up in
temperature mode the first two weeks even if you have
selected AUTOADAPT.

This link downloads the PDF manual
Many thanks, but this is the woeful documentation I was referring to. While it explains more or less how the system works, it does not discuss details such as the meaning of the indicators (particularly it does not say what the flashing thermometer symbol means), nor does it say how one is supposed to know if the system is working correctly in automatic mode (I assume the automatic symbol is illuminated, but it never has been for me). The two week learning period is from turn on - presumably? What happens if the power is lost? Is the memory retained or do we wait another two weeks to learn again? How about the reset (I'm guessing) function (what happens when the button is held down 5s?).

My problem is that after some months my unit has never illuminated the automatic display - it simply stays on temperature control. Maybe my power is interrupted more than once per two weeks so it never gets to operate automatically...... Without a little more guidance there really is no knowing what it is up to. Any experience of "normal operation" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I wonder whether, since that manual applies to about 1000000 different model variants, whether his model is intended to use the display or not.

Does anyone know what the expected results are with this unit? Does it go to the thermometer symbol for two weeks then switch over to the Automatic symbol? What happens then if I press the button? Thanks.

Reply to Grundfos comfort pm recirculation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock