Discuss Grundfos Alpha v UPS sorry cross post in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

thanks for all the replies

Attachments

• 20240120_211303.jpg
    20240120_211303.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240120_211233.jpg
    20240120_211233.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 13
It's up to yourself but I would suggest returning that pump to wherever you bought it and demand either a refund or a new replacement as there is no change in pump power on any settings, looks as if it is running probably at full speed and the system resistance is then just limiting its power output, scarcely a energy efficient pump and no wonder its noisy.

I believe it takes a while to do some thinking / calcs and it slowly reduces the speed to match the system needs

Tbh they were a rubbish pump electrics normally go on them first before the motor they were the first gen without the bleed screw in the front

thanks for all the replies
Looking at those photos again, looks like there are three settings in both PP & CP mode and it is hard to believe that a new pump is faulty, note the watts on CC2, PP2 and CP2, if the power changes then pump OK and one of those settings might be sufficient, probably CC2 or CP2 and will reduce the noise.

I think that pump is a 34W, Alpha 1 Model B., thats why all the settings showed the same power.
Its circulating ~ 1.3m3/hr, 21.7LPM at a 4.5M head, (this can be checked by changing to PP2 where the power should fall to ~18W to give 0.9m3/h, 15LPM at a 2.2M head).

The UPS 3 which is a 60W pump will give the 1.3m3/hr on CC2 which will be less noisy but if a greater flowrate is required then it will have to be changed to CC3 which should give ~ 1.5m3/hr, 25LPM at a 5.8M head but might still be quieter than the Alpha 1 as the power at ~ 44W will be less than its 60W max so running a little slower.

1705914369975.png

Reply to Grundfos Alpha v UPS sorry cross post in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace the three 11 year old Grundfos UPS 15-60 130 pumps as a part of trying to reduce the electricity consumption of my heating/DHW...
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hello forum, 1st time here. The Grundfos 3-speed pump in a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil combi boiler is on its way out. The boiler is old but...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Bit of a daft question but I’ve just had the pump replaced by the housing group where I live. They’ve fitted a Grundfos UPS3 15-50/65...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock