Discuss Grant Vortex 15/21 non condensing - overheat stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

I went to this external Grant yesterday as it wasn't firing up. It wasn't locked out but controls seemed to be functioning - prog moved the control valve and got power to the boiler but no firing. The overheat stat nipple was extended as shown below and wouldnt reset (that is out isnt it?). The control panel of the boiler was slightly buzzing too which stopped when I pushed against the cabinet?! Anyhoo - I took the lid and control panel screws off and it suddenly started to fire up, seemingly all on its own. On arrival the boiler was completely cold, having been off for 24 hours so it wasn't the boiler stat settling and on arrival I threw the test switch but still didn't fire up.

Thing is, if the overheat stat is u/s - Id expect it not to run atall unless I bypassed it, I wouldn't expect the boiler to fire up with it stuck out.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for that Roger, does the oh stat look 'out' to you? it would go back in but not stay in.

Nope, looks normal, when they trip there is more 'resistance' to them when you push them.

A grant vortex 15/21 is a condensing boiler, it is basically a multipass with a secondary heat exchanger. It was called a vortex because of the turbulators in the secondary heat exchanger.

Just had a call that's its gone out again. Thinking it through, I wonder if its the boiler stat going off but not auto re-setting....that sounds plausible eh? Ill get the meter on it.

What makes the boiler run again after its gone out on the stat then?

Presume we are talking about the overheating stat or have I missed something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Vortex 15/21 non condensing - overheat stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock