Search the forum,

Discuss Government confirms changes to Part P Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Something I just came across on the HVPMag website:

The government has amended Part P of the Building Regulations for England. The main change to Part P will reduce the amount of electrical installation work that is notifable, and which is legally required to display compliance with the Building Regulations.

Under the new changes, electrical work carried out in kitchens, or outdoors, is no longer covered by Part P unless a new circuit is required... Full article.

Was planning to put one of us through this later in the year. Looks like we will save a few bob now and glad I didn't book early

And I'll still have to pay a ridiculous amount! Part P requires a lot of reworking if it'll ever mean anything to anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government confirms changes to Part P Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
Hello all I’m looking for some clarification as to what electric works plumbers / heating engineer can undertake. It seems to be a grey are with part p defined scope etc which I believe has gone? And that part p is just a building Reg and not a qualification. So in light of my confusion some...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not cleaning the pipework including gas joints before leaving 🙁. I've cleaned it up and it seems alright. My other main worry though was what the follow...
Replies
Views
Hi all... Relative newcomer to trade and doing this between other (unrelated) employments so forgive me if following questions identify me as a little "green"... A customer has asked me to look at their boiler/central heating in my capacity as a GSR engineer. The customer had a visit from Gas...
Replies
Views
O
    • Agree
hi guys, just came across this little note of Atag boilers. The new 'Boiler Plus' regulation comes into play next week, and we’re #BoilerPlusReady. From 6th April 2018, homeowners are required to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations - commonly known as ‘Boiler Plus’ when they have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently doing social housing plumbing. Its not particularly demanding, I like the blokes I work with and it's Mon - Friday. No call out. The money is ok, nothing special but then we're not exactly under pressure day in day out. No gas work. I'm thinking about asking to change to part...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock