Discuss Good plumbing and heating literature? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Hey people, currently undergoing my NVQ level 2, completed all of my theory in college but still want to read about the trade and try and gain as much knowledge as I can about the job. Love the job at the moment and really want to excell in it.

Anybody know for any good books about? Planning on buying the NVQ 3 text book that's all I can really think about.

[DLMURL="http://www.ciphe.org.uk/Professional/Publications/Technical-Literature/"]Technical Literature - CIPHE[/DLMURL]

Domestic heating design guide 2013 might be a little advanced for you at the moment but it is the bible & used at Level 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at the Copper Development Association website and see their down loadable documents. Good stuff.

Thanks for the response.

Anything I can read to become good and fault finding??

I have an electronic copy of that on my phone and tablet
Great book and always with me !

Thanks for the response.

Anything I can read to become good and fault finding??

Read very carefully the person that you learn from.

Look - Watch - Listen.

Just remember - the fault, and generally the most obvious, is a secondary fault.
Finding the primary fault is usually the hard part.

See if there are any manufacturer /supplier training sessions on boilers.
They are generally helpful.

Vipers a good book but there was a orange à5 size book that was really usefull too someone here will know what its called. Has a list of positive pressure boilers in which I needed on one of my paper questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Good plumbing and heating literature? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock