Search the forum,

Discuss Good day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So swapped an old toilet first he £50 wickes toilet to go & all good. No complaints.

New ball cock fitted in loft tank, all ok

New tap revivers fitted using my ABD tap splitter as they wouldn't budge but easy as pie with that tool

Getting a bit more confidence

Would like to do an NVQ really to get a qual

Should I be making note if jobs in doing now as evidence? They are all with my gas safe mate plumber so I'm sure he'd sign things off if need be.

Cheers

Now for the rugby

Good day all in all

[video=youtube;s-OdcQ2vhkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-OdcQ2vhkU[/video]

It's never ever failed me.

Sometimes the valves are stuck there's a chance the bloomin sink will break

That tool is worth its weight in gold

Funny they should use those taps in the video. I've had about ten of them recently and each time have to take taps off and jump up on down on the buggers to open them up. I'll get me one of those tap splitter things then.

If you asked the 5000 members general public to list what they imagine the top 10 easiest jobs are for plumbers to do I reckon 95% would vote changing tap washers at number 1. If you did the same but asked plumbers it'd be a different story.

Changing a tap washer: Water shuts off, isolator doesn't leak, valve can be removed in situ without removing tap and fighting with a fibre washer so baked on it needs blow-torching off, , tap doesn't spin, inaccessible pipework doesn't get disturbed, washer removable without 5 minutes of fighting and stabbing your fingers with a bradawl, tap seating isn't buggered, re-seating works if needed: Easy job.

Truth is it's never not easy compared to many jobs but considering it's a) so common b) the customer is convinced it takes 2 seconds and works every time you never get a call asking for a new washer on a tap and think "woo, nice quicky."

If someone phones up and says "fluidmaster inlet/flush needs replacing, washing machine valve doesn't fully shut off but mains does, pop up waste leaking from pivot joint, compression joint weeping, stopcock leaking from gland..." They think these are bigger/trickier jobs. But they are the ones where you hang up and whistle a happy tune while writing your tasty minimum labour charge waltz in your diary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Good day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock