Discuss Glowworm PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Hi
Has anybody had any problems with PCB's on Glowworm back-boiler inset, have fitted 2 and it still won't rectify, and I have 5mv at PCB.

Fitted new complete oxi pilot & t/c lead, fault finding chart says if you get 5mv at pcb the board is faulty, but I fitted 2, just wondered if there is a batch of faulty pcb's.

PCB' were all brand new in sealed boxes, getting a spark, pilot lights, then I get 5mv across terminals tc-gnd & tc-sgn on pcb these two connections go to the interuptor on T/C to give the 5mv. to make the board rectify but it still won't rectify.

have you turn the temp control to max and check for and check for 230 at thermostat control just after pilot lights

what was the initial problem when you first got to boiler
think it mat be your gas valve

Thanks for all the advise, fault finding chart still says change pcb, just have to sleep on it, tomorrow is another day.

had a quick look at the fault finding a min ago its a weird one strange that two pcb would be faulty though have a look at the thermocouple again let us know how u get on

Hi
thanks for all the comments, glowworm Tech advise are a waste of space, when you get a problem like this you start to doubt your own ability. Think I could be ripping it out and fitting a combi, thanks again for your interest in my problem

Hi
thanks for all the comments, glowworm Tech advise are a waste of space, when you get a problem like this you start to doubt your own ability. Think I could be ripping it out and fitting a combi, thanks again for your interest in my problem

Hi Dave have you done basics, polarity and a good earth etc? Long shot but if someone messed with the wiring elsewhere?

Hi
polarity is ok not sure about the earth, but the spark is ok and the pilot solenoid works, but it rectifies through T/C interuptor and not through ignition system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock