Discuss Glowworm Compact 24c combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hey guys, I have an issue with a combi, its brand new (4 months or so) and it will not stay fired up for heating, when I originally went the boiler had no thermostat so I fitted a stat thinking it would sort it, yet it calls for heat, warms up to required flow temp and return warms up and then quickly ramps down to no flame and sits idle with the radiator symbol flashing for it to start up again seemingly at random a few minutes later. The system is really really small, it has 4 radiators which are tiny probably 3kw output max and I did read that the boiler will only modulate to 6kw but the speed at which it starts to ramp down all the rads aren't even at full temp yet. DHW works fine. any ideas? cheers

has it been piped up right,, have there gone to 15mm pipe to soon, hence boiler can not get rid of the heat fast enough?

pipe to soon, hence boiler can not get rid of the heat fast enough try turning the heat down a little that will help, had this with some one who had done the pipe work, and called us out to see why it was not working right.

Reply to Glowworm Compact 24c combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock