Discuss glow worm space saver mk2 40b in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to this today pilot not staying on it has the thermocouple on the rh side with a link (dummywire) from back of gas valve to the thermocouple on the side of the gas valve .checked this lead for continuity all ok - replaced thermocouple and still the same .screwed the new thermocouple straight into the rear of the valve where the dummy one goes and still pilot wont stay on so trying to order gas valve been told original not available but merchants can get one that will fit . can I just purchase the thermocouple magnetic valve part from anywhere on the net.case seal also damaged cant find part number for this

Can you not use a universal case seal on these? Do you mean the thermocouple connecter lead?

Can you not use a universal case seal on these? Do you mean the thermocouple connecter lead?

Is there a way to tell weather you can or can't use universal case seal on boilers?

ive got case seals for all sorts of boilers in the back of the van, but these are all boiler specific. Obviously some boilers its obvious you need the official one, but a lot of boilers have that black seal that sticks to the boiler.

Is there a way to tell weather you can or can't use universal case seal on boilers?

ive got case seals for all sorts of boilers in the back of the van, but these are all boiler specific. Obviously some boilers its obvious you need the official one, but a lot of boilers have that black seal that sticks to the boiler.

im more of a rip it out man! The space saver is a dinosaur of a boiler now. Upgrade time surely?

I just used to use fire surround type foam and it worked perfectly...i still have my GW SS 50 now 33 years old and working beautifully and cheap to run in my home

Normal adhesive foam strip similar to that sold by Regin is fine for this boiler.

yep that's the lead . looking in merchants they have some seals on rols but I never measured on site before I left

is the thermocouple interuptor still available - the barrel shaped part left of the thermocouple

Attachments

• steve 3.jpg
    steve 3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 19
  • steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 22
I had a quick check but couldn't find it, might be worth phoning up glowworm/heatteam/whoever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glow worm space saver mk2 40b in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I have an old Glow Worm Fuelsaver 40B Mk 2 installed on the kitchen wall. In November, the heat exchanger began making a kettling noise. It’s...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock