Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm Hideaway FF: on, off, on, off, on...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

State of Flux

Scenario:

- pumped CH in 22mm, Gravity HW in 28mm
- stat and two channel programmer working fine
- pump spinning (whole house gets heat within a few minutes)

All as you would expect from a 2005 installation and the house gets heat and HW.

Question:
- how frequently should the boiler be cycling on and off? (I'm no expert on this boiler)

When the rads are cold and the cylinder needs reheating it only runs for about 10 minutes then shuts down. 5 minutes later, up it comes again. Everything shouts OVERHEAT STAT in boiler but it does it so quickly.

I'm minded to change the (10 year old) pump as it's noisy but don't expect this to stop the cycling as the issue is there in HW only. Might it simply be a faulty overheat stat that needs replacing?

Appreciate your insights...........

you will get limited response but,
what is the temperature of flow and return?
what setting is the thermostat on?

Simon, thanks. I've tried low, med and high on the stat with no change. I'll measure temps when next there to see if it is simply failing to lose enough heat but I'd be surprised given that the rads and water get piping hot. Wondering whether the overheat stat is simply too sensitive in its old age.

It's not the overheat stat. Sounds like normal operation for a boiler with gravity hot water.

Cheers for the inputs. Owner looking to extend property and replace at some point - will advise to live with its foibles and save up for something better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-worm Hideaway FF: on, off, on, off, on...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock