Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm betacom 30c humming sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I got a betacom 30c in my own house and this week it's started humming/whiring sound when hot water is drawn off, this sound is intermittent. The temperature is fluctuating also. We done the install about 5 years ago and maintained with inhibitor f1 yearly. My mate done the boiler as I am not gs (start training next month)
any ideas what might be causing this.
i doubt it's sludge as its a pretty clean system
scaled up plate heat?
high incoming main pressure as the mains were re done about 18month ago

Many ideas lads

Sorry mate you won't get any DIY boiler tips on here I'm afraid. I'm sure you understand why. I'd get your mate back, maybe you could work through it with him and get some evidence for your training

As above. No boiler repair advice will be given here. You could always put an ad here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm betacom 30c humming sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
I am a new poster to this forum - not a heating professional, but a householder looking for advice. please. I have a Glow worm 18hxi boiler with Magnatech installed in 2006 by a local engineer who has serviced it regularly and comprehensively every year - very competent, has done a lot of work...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a glow worm ultimate boiler (see pics) , we are new to the house but know it's around 20 years old, regularly serviced. Since last week we have had various issues: First the fuse blew, changed it. It then blew again and tripped all sockets. Changed to a 5amp. Hot water and heat...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've got a Glow-worm Ultimate 30c making really loud banging, clanging noises when operating DHW and just after closing it. Apparently it happens also on heating but not as often and while there, I didn't test it long enough on heating to find out. The flow temperature on the display...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock