Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gledhill pulsacoil 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders09

Hi guys.

Got called to a property where the customer wants to get her pulsacoil 2000 replaced. I've was thinking of putting an unvented cylinder. But running a discharge pipe to outside or to a soil stack if complicated as laminated flooring will need to come up.
She wants something similar to the pulsa coil to minimise the cost of ripping off the laminate but she doesn't want the headaches she's had with the current pulsacoil.

What would you guys recommend as a good replacement for a pulsacoil 2000.

Thanks in advance

Andy

The Gledhill Pulsacoil BP. Much better than the 2000 model. Much more simple. Just a blending valve and two heating elements. Not cheap though.

Thanks for the heads up. The pulsacoil BP is about £30 more than a Megaflow of the same size. It also means less messing around with flooring.

Appriciate the help.

are we saying gledhill make more overly complex heaps than the boiler mate god i thought that was bad enough

No problem. I've fitted 5 of them, and not had a single issue. Good enough for me.

Boiler mate is more complicated than a 2000.
tell me about it 3 pumps 2 thermistors 1 pcb 1 clock 1 thermal store sensor and then they add insult to injury in these new builds by either mating it to a icos or only slightly better suprima and all; this is linked together with badly fitted speedfit

IMG_2420.jpgIMG_2406.jpg

Well before I get any grief for the speedfit connection to the BP I installed (right hand photo) Gledhill insist that you do not solder onto that connection!! For obvious reasons.

Yes you are right, they are generally badly installed, and often with a load of crap plastic plumbing. Plus things go in tandem with them. If a pump goes, the ACB will often go. They're junk.

I shall advice the customer of the pulsacoil bp. Looks good on the picture and the brochure.
Thanks Dannypipe

That left hand phot I posted of the Pulsacoil 2000. Looks fine right. Well it had a terminal leak at the bottom, by the drain off.

We stripped it for the scrap (and out of interest). It was pockmarked with pin holes. Look:IMG_2422.jpg

Last edited:
Posting your own photos up is a pain in the backside!! So random what it does. Uploads the same photo twice, when you've uploaded a different one?

I shall advice the customer of the pulsacoil bp. Looks good on the picture and the brochure.
Thanks Dannypipe

No probs Rodders. The BP seems better made than all the previous sins Gledhill have produced. Time will tell!

Another option is the Albion Mainsflow, same idea no pcb ect :sunny:, lots of options available, I have swapped a couple of Gledhills for these. On the thermal store options the customers are chuffed they can time when the boiler comes on to heat the store rather than the Gledhill firing up overnight.

Another option is the Albion Mainsflow, same idea no pcb ect :sunny:, lots of options available, I have swapped a couple of Gledhills for these. On the thermal store options the customers are chuffed they can time when the boiler comes on to heat the store rather than the Gledhill firing up overnight.

Very interesting Kev will a take a look!

I don't like the Albion Mainsflow as they are poorly made & expensive. You basically get a grade 3 cylinder with a coil inside it made of microbore pipes for the mains water heat exchange, which being soft copper will rupture if the mains supply exceeds it's 3bar max. Then you get hot water running out of a plastic overflow pipe which is not clever. If the coil goes & it has with a lot of them, then the entire lot is scrap. The direct type can get a lot of gunge lying in the base which rots them, but guess that happens to other makes.

Last edited:
Does that mean that the heater tank was used without an inhibitor?

If so it's not the fault of the manufacturer nor the installer, the user of the maintenace plumber must take full blame

Does that mean that the heater tank was used without an inhibitor?

If so it's not the fault of the manufacturer nor the installer, the user of the maintenace plumber must take full blame

Albion started to supply an inhibitor to their 'dead store' Mainsflow - the indirect combination type.
No problems with corrosion with it, but it is the direct type that are at risk of corrosion. The direct Mainsflows have the heating system water running directly through the cylinder (the mains water is through micro bore coils). This means a lot of the corrosion from steel rads & boiler will dump into the open cylinder & lie on the cylinder base & rot it. Inhibitor needs to be substantially greater for to allow for the extra volume of water in cylinder that adds to the heating system. I don't think inhibitor will stop corrosion.

Hi

Can anyone give me advice on what to change my PulsaCoil 2000 with?

I have looked at the PulsaCoil 2000 website and they recommend either the Tristor, the Eco-therm or the PulsaCoil PCS.

I have ruled out the PulsaCoil PCS as I don't want to have the issues I have had with this one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill pulsacoil 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

evening I recently took out a boiler mate 2000 and replaced with a boilermate BMSCP180. Straight swap all pipe sizes the same. The customer is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 system installed in my house which seems to have a fault. The local plumber that I have looking at it is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have recently been asked to price up a job. The client has bought the house and plans to split it into 3 separate dwellings as such. (Plans...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, Have recently been asked to price up a job. The client has bought the house and plans to split it into 3 separate dwellings as such. (Plans...
Replies
Views
Hi all again, Another different query to see where the votes go. Customer has a Potterton Suprima 40 boiler and Gledhill Boilermate 3 to be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock