Discuss Split house into 3 dwellings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Have recently been asked to price up a job. The client has bought the house and plans to split it into 3 separate dwellings as such. (Plans below)

1 - For herself (marked in green)
2 - For her mother (marked in red)
3 - For Airb'n'b (marked in blue)

The green section will have a kitchen, bathroom (shower & bath), utility.
The red section will have a kitchen, wet room .
The blue section will have 3 bedrooms, each with en-suite (showers).

She expressed the preference of hot water being available as and when needed.
Currently the house has a Worcester Highflow 400 combi boiler which could probably do with replacing.

I know there is no way in hell that a combi is going to be able to provide in times of high demand for all those bathrooms/kitchens so I'm thinking this maybe the solution...?

Install a new adequately sized combi and have that do the hot water for the green and red sections of the property.
In addition this combi will do the heating for the whole property. You will still be able to access all parts of the property by internal doors. No part will be completely separate. Hopefully this omits any problems with thermostat?

I thought the best solution for the hot water for the 3 Airb'n'b's was to install an unvented cylinder purely heated with two immersions on timer switches.

Can anyone recommend to me any other ways that they think this could be done or let me know if they think i'm on the right track.

The toilet/wet room for the red area will also be accessed from the large red area and not the communal hallway.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

PS - Admin: I have posted this in both the plumbing section and central heating forums to get a variety of thoughts. Please delete one if you feel inclined. Thanks!

Scan1_zpsgbxtf4cf.jpeg

Scan1%202_zpsjnytyqjf.jpeg
[/URL]

What's the incoming pressure and flow like? If you have 3 airbnb tenants there's a good chance 3 showers could be ran at once, is the mains upto it?

Reply to Split house into 3 dwellings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back