Discuss getting paid as soon as you finish job.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

im having trouble lately a few customers putting me off for a week or two, just annoying really today topped it off - customer wanted new pipework put in for 2 basins and a coffee machine. said i could fit him in monday - no he needed it doing saturday - sunday i suggeste (i hate working the sabbath but was willing to make an exception) "no saturday please we have too much work to do" was his reply.

gone to do it today freezing snowing the lot still turned up on time....

done the job....

can you give me a ring monday pal i'll sort you out then.

arggghhh.

Should have asked for money there and then, no doubt he'll expect you to collect the payment!

Only my trusted customers are given the option of not paying there and then

i would have removed it all (or threatened to ) cheeky barstewerd

just double your costs to cover your overdraft interest incurred

yeah just annoying me a week or so ago i installed 3 rads correctly sized and the bloke said he wanted to wait a week to see if it heated the rooms adequetly, i hate confrontation but its getting to the point where im working in freezing conditions driving in dangerous conditions and getting paid at end of the job is reason im making sure i can get to the jobs.

i was doing a job for a bloke who had cancer anyway the nurse who was there asked if i could help them out as they has been left in the lurch by a plumber got no shower or bath was the cry ,so i thought nice lady helping people with cancer so went out of my way to help them but met the husband and smelt a rat something didnt sit right all speedfit used under the shower tray that was fixed in i done some tiling 3 walls to be exact removed towel rail all the usual in bathroom fitted screen and shower etc then hit a snag with he speedfit he said the plumber had used (ye rite) so me thinks its gunner leak under the shower aswell then he says u said it was gunner be finish by fri which i never i got £200 of him for metarials by pure luck cos i refused to do any more work i agreed a price of £900 for tiling 2 walls and putting the shower screen in and bog etc went away for the weekend come back and he recond he got someone else to do it altho i dont beleive him so i never got paid happed twice in a month so i packed in tiling cos to much of a loss if owt goes wrong and not your fault all i was trying to do was make a bit of extra money for me and the waie for our hols i learnt a big lesson that month

if anyone wants to see work ive done go to Central Heating Repair Company in Whiston, Prescot (UK) - SB Plumbing

so am glad ive sorted me gas even tho it took me over a yr and a half

I got fed up with the usual Oh i have not got any cash or my cheque book has run out stories.

So when I bought my iphone, i started to(and still do) use the paypal app.Allows you to take card payments there and then,cost £20 a month, but well worth it IMHO

Graham

Graham how did you set up for the I phone think , have nit had problems with customers pay , did drive them down to the cash point few times but would like to have this as back up !

threatening and actually starting to undo a few compression joints has persuaded them to pay up or go cash point or 'find their check book'

I always make sure I assess the situation though as if its a house full then its four against one when they turn nasty so i walk away knowing i can keep popping back to their house and nagging them

no no no and i would not imply that

but if i have not been paid then whilst im still there i carry on working and undoing

a good point is when you are having your hour long lunch break pop the question of 'are you ok to pay me after I finish' casually said

upon the reply you can then decide whether to finish the job or not :)

Always tell customers what your terms and conditions are prior to starting work. If you have a website, these should be on there too.

Only once had a problem with not getting paid. Like BCP says, my T&Cs are on my website and I always tell people (for small jobs) payment is due immediately on completion. For large jobs I set out a contract signed by both of us with staged payments on completion of certain work. I have a standard contract I just modify for each job.

Only once had a problem with not getting paid. Like BCP says, my T&Cs are on my website and I always tell people (for small jobs) payment is due immediately on completion. For large jobs I set out a contract signed by both of us with staged payments on completion of certain work. I have a standard contract I just modify for each job.

I need something like this, have you got a template you use? (I could borrow!!)

If you drop me your email address on PM I will send you over a PDF file of the blank contract we use. It will give you the basis to draft your own. I don't want to send an editable contract as I don't want anyone blatantly stealing mine. From experience, if you ever have to take a customer to court a well-written contract will make the difference between getting paid and not - so it's well worth having one.

During all this snow we just had I told every caller with an emergency that all emergency work carried out is payable immediateley , if they said no then i too said no , but vast majority were cool about it.

The first job i had i still havent been paid from, only £65, but the principal of it is making me mad. got hold of bloke on the phone, he said he didnt get the invoice, drove to his house, he wasnt in so through the letter box. Didnt hear anything for over a week, rang him and left a message. googled his name and address, he was made bankrupt in 2009. rang him from my house phone, he answers, says his bank account has been frozen due to someone taking money out. and says hell drop money off to my house. he hasnt yet. sent him a letter to tell him I will be contacting my collection agency and I know about his bankrupcy. Think this will do the trick???? either it will or he'll probably end up in jail.

SIXY FIVE POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened a business account with Barclays, got CreditFocus with it its a debt collection thing and it also lets you check credit ratings of people you may be working with also lets you use their logo on the invoice so people know that if they don't pay they will be getting letters from solicitors and interest onto payment....

Has anyone else used this and know if its any good ? I done a few credit checks n that and one of the guys I do work for is classed as "Extreme Risk" and is about to be dissolved, he owes me £160 also :p

knock on his front door and ask for your £,or let his tyres down ! good trick is the old sand paper scratch on said window to start with ,if still nothing then go for the front and back window :D:D:D:D:D

I always say to them when they try this chestnut ' when you shop at tescos do you tell them you'll pay them next week when walking through check out'?
Course not so why try it on !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to getting paid as soon as you finish job.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock