Search the forum,

Discuss Geberit 290 Universal Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post I'm afraid - can I ask all of you for some help? We have just had a new loo installed with the above geberit flush and inlet valve. The flush initially works fine but after a while water still seeps into the cistern and eventually starts to run through the overflow. There's no leak out of the cistern - if I turn the water off via the isolation valve then overflow stops. I have also considered the fact that the water pressure may be too high but turning the flow down doesn't make any difference either. I have spoken to Geberit who thought there might be dirt in the diaphragm inside the inlet valve which was allowing water to seep in, but it was brand new and, having taken it apart I am sure there was nothing there. Anyway, out of desperation I have bought a new inlet vale and fitted this with high hopes only to find - same problem. Could it be that it's just a rubbish system? Any suggestions to diagnose the problem would be very welcome - thanks in advance.

Good quality stuff there.
It will be dirt, or theflush valve is not seated correctly.
Why are you doing it instead of the installer?

I'm fairly sure it isn't dirt - I changed the valve so it would be unlikely for two brand new valves to have a spec of dirt inside. I'm trying to fix it myself to try and sort it before Christmas.

Have you got high water pressure ? turning service valve down wont make any difference, cant remember if these valves come with a restrictor that fits inside the valve

There is a pump fitted that would increase the water pressure - I don't know what the pressure actually is. I did think that high water pressure might explain this - I'll investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Geberit 290 Universal Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock