Discuss Gate Valves!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billynoclue

Is it just my flat or are gate valve really rubbish..
i have 3 in my flat fitting to hot water pipes and none of them stop the water and they are only a few years old?

All 4 of the ball valve work great....

why do people fit gate valves to hot water pipes??

I guess you still get some old school plumber that still want to use them

Hello,
Gate valves can be hell, and often do not shut off, worse still is when you are a bit green and shut them down and snap the shaft , the valve will shut, but not open again! oh happy days (not).
Best Wishes
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gate Valves!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock