Currently reading:
Gas work newly registered gas safe and self employed

Discuss Gas work newly registered gas safe and self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

i was just wanting some general advise on gas work as I have recently obtained my ACS gas qualifications and I am registered with gas safe and working in a self employed capacity.

The gas safe man which looks after my area has been to see me recently to complete a general questioning exercise as I am newly registered with gas safe. He has also said he wants to see examples of my work too however the problem I have at the moment is gas work is slow and I haven't got many examples to show him. I am concerned about this and wondered if there is a certain timescale in which I have to demonstrate examples of my work.

I would appreciate any general advise on what to expect with the gas safe people and their assessments of my work and what is expected of me.

Thank you

As soon as practical needs to be the common sense approach to it, you won't get signed off till the inspections are done so contact him when you have done some jobs , or service your own and families boilers, they don't have to be customers jobs and he has no interest whether you have been paid or not, ok that means doing "free" work but as it's for friends it's hardly an issue is it, and if it means you are signed off probation that's better
Just don't mess them about because you don't want to take him to jobs, if you are set up to do heating only and never have any work he will question if you have any issues with the work

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep mate as kirkgas said. My work was slow so I serviced my uncles fire; replaced a thermistor on my moms boiler and serviced it and installed a gas cooker and did a cp12 at my sisters. He was well happy, plus I'd covered all my bases with a cooker, fire and boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas work newly registered gas safe and self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock