Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Gas volume calculation in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. I-kal

I-kal New Member

hey Guys I wonder if someone could help me out.

I wanted to find out if I could work on this domestic installation. It’s a house with 2 boilers 24 kw each so 48 in total, the gas meter is a g10 which I believe can be used as domestic and commercial. The gas pipe is run in majority 28 mm at 12 meters and 2 metres in 22mm. What would be the volume of gas in as I am aware as a domestic engineer I can work on 70kw and less with upto 35mm pipe and a gas volume of 0.035m3 and less. Appreciate the help thanks

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

First things first are you gas safe?? I’m assuming yes. Daft as it is because it’s pretty specific but we do not discuss has topics in open forum. Send a copy of the front and back of your card to @Riley@Riley @Harvest Fields@Harvest Fields or @ShaunCorbs@ShaunCorbs and get your posts up to ten or more and we’ll get you access to the gas safe only section.

3. I-kal

I-kal New Member

Hi yes I am, when signing up I had to give my gas safe number but I will send over a pic to the above.

4. Riley

That’d be really kind mate.

5. I-kal

I-kal New Member

Just sent it over let me know is you have received. Cheers mate.

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What volume do you get when you work it out?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I-kal

I-kal New Member

This is the thing it’s over by quiet a bit so I must be doing soemthing wrong. I have been going over books etc to see if my working are correct so I thought someone on here could guide me.

8. Riley

Show us your workings

9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

fill this out

28 mm at 12 meters _________ x 12 =
    2 metres in 22mm __________x 2 =

total = ______

+ 10%

total iv _______

g10 meter _____

Ivt _____

its close

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. snowhead

snowhead Plumber

Are you adding pipework to the system, in which case it may be under to start but over after the addition?
    Or just working on the boilers?

11. I-kal

I-kal New Member

No pipework adding just working on boilers and issuing a landlords gas safety

12. I-kal

I-kal New Member

I have got 0.032832 m3

13. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

so have i

28 mm at 12 meters 0.00054 x 12 = 0.00648
    2 metres in 22mm 0.00032 x 2 = 0.00064

total = 0.00712

+ 10%

total iv 0.007832

g10 meter 0.025

Ivt 0.032832

14. I-kal

I-kal New Member

Judging by that it’s very close, will need to make sure measurements of gas pipework is spot on in this case.

15. Riley

Agreed.