Discuss Gas training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjb

I am thinking about a change in career by doing a combined plumbing and gas engineering course, can any body recommend a provider or give me advice on whether the courses are worth the money.

A two week plastering course and three months plastering will make you a decent plasterer. Speed will increase with time and £300 in tools will suffice. A plumbing/gas course will take considerably longer, cost a great deal more and because it will take years to gain experience,employment is uncertain. If you have friends/family in the trade, who will employ you, work with them and study at local college. Otherwise research hard and think long before you spend money. Training centres are set up to make money for the trainers not the students.

They are not worth it mate, do some research on here for a start.

There is a guy on here called SteveWannadoGas why not PM him, he has / is going through this he might be able to give you some direct advice.

Last edited:
The 3 trades in most demand as subbies, plastering including exterior render, tiling, amtico or similar LVT installer.

Tillers & Plasters are like rocking horse poo around this area and the one's that you can find charge a lot more than Plumbers, only need small van/estate car , tool outlay less than 1K, No need to keep doing courses every 5 years, as a Plaster if you take to it you could be earning good money in 12Mths, Why does everyone want to be a Plumber ??????

Tillers & Plasters are like rocking horse poo around this area and the one's that you can find charge a lot more than Plumbers, only need small van/estate car , tool outlay less than 1K, No need to keep doing courses every 5 years, as a Plaster if you take to it you could be earning good money in 12Mths, Why does everyone want to be a Plumber ??????

Gawd knows

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in the stone industry, a mason for many years, the job doesn't get any easier, so am thinking of getting into property development and the cost of boiler replacement is one of the biggest expenditures, so thought if I get qualified it will pay for itself after a couple of houses

I have been in the stone industry, a mason for many years, the job doesn't get any easier, so am thinking of getting into property development and the cost of boiler replacement is one of the biggest expenditures, so thought if I get qualified it will pay for itself after a couple of houses

Really??

A full bathroom install is more money...

Thats funny cos I have an old church building & was thinking of doing a short course in stone masonry & craving to save myself a fortune replacing the damage stuff, do they do one say about 6 weeks or so that would allow me to do it all ?

P.S. I already have a few of my own tools & a second hand apron!!

I have just installed a full bathroom including tiling with excellent finish , very modern for £1200. Try getting a new boiler fitted for that price?

How about being a pilot!? That's 100K +... just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock