Discuss Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a gas torch where the flame has gone rather small. Plenty of gas left. It's only a Go Gas one, as I don't do a lot of it I didn't buy an expensive one. I've stripped it down before and got the flame back, but it's gone weedy again. Any ideas? Ta.

its normally flux,dirt and solder from its use. it will need to be stripped down and cleaned out. coca-cola is good for cleaning brass.

we all have to do it from time to time. Keeping the torch away from being right under the fitting we are soldering helps avoid problems.

Last edited:
It can be easily fixed with a (complete) strip down
Buy a decent gas torch. You will get a decent Benzo or Rothy for less than the price of the bottle of whisky i'm looking at (Lagavulin 16) or if you want cheaper buy a Primus:wink:
Never scrimp on tools.

best torch i ever had was a sievert promatic - only problem was i had to lump around a massive bottle with it, but this was a kind of mixed blessing, no worrying about the flame going on the pish if torch was used upside down. me bottle ran out ages ago tho, so been using a little bernzomatic thing - seems alright for the price.:)

If I did it daily, I'd have bought the best torch going. I'm only doing work in my house you see. I'm soaking the jet in a cap of meths. Don't have any cola, it's water, tea or beer ;)

Infact, I have a Benzomatic knocking about somewhere with the same issue.

Buy a set of nozzle cleaners from BOC and these will clear any obstructions in the jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock