Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Meter Move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Niss

Hello folks,

We are in process of moving our gas meter from inside to an external cabinet. Builder put cabinet in and National Grid has been and moved the supply to new cabinet -- new Emergency Control Valve in the cabinet and capped off. Now EON wants £400 to move the meter from old location to the new cabinet. But I am sure the National Grid surveyor told me a Gas Engineer with the right Gas Safe qualification can do that. Have I got that right, and can anyone advise what Gas safe Qualification type is needed to move meter?

Cheers

Peter

indeed a met 1 is the ticket, but what is going to happen to the pipe remaining, I presume you want that cut off as well rather than having a live pipe under vyour stairs or where ever, unless they have already cut it off. If so, I bet the meter can move magically and be re-positioned when your gsr connects it to your new pipe run.

Met 1 qualified and a bit tidy up of the pipes. Probably no more than £200 if shortish run in 22mm

Thanks for the replies -- in answer to the question above from Lame Plumber, the old pipe has been completely disconnected by National Grid. Now just have a nice new yellow plastic pipe from main under pavement to new ECV in new meter cabinet. Now just need the meter moved. I'll ask the builder if his Gas Engineer can move the meter when he runs connection to new boiler. Cheers, Peter.

change supplier, and get the new one to provide a meter, will probably work fine if you ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Meter Move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock