Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Fire Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

I have just serviced a gas fire (valor Firelight 328) all above board, full strip down, drop test, paperwork etc

Charged the bloke £55.00, while speaking to him whilst doing the service he told me people had quoted him between £80.00 - £100.00, one bloke said £120.00.

As I am newly self-employed and I have only ever worked in social housing before and never dealt with payments for jobs. My question is, have I undercharged for this job, after all it was only an hours work and i think 55 quid is quite resonable, or are the other blokes just to expensive??:confused:

Any advice grateful

cheers

tom:eek:

Hi Tom

If you wish to discuss prices ,this can be done in the plumbers arms or the reg gas installers forum,were you will get a better responce from gas plumbers in the trade

:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
fair price,thats how word of mouth recommends start,ie furture work off friends/family

Fair price...i charge £45 for a annual service of a gas fire....£60 for a fire/ back boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Fire Service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock