Discuss Gas fire not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbo2777

Hello,
I am new on this site and was hoping someone could help me out with a gas fire fault I have recently encountered.

The fire is a verine vertex FL700NG - which has a motorised gas valve and a remote control.
The fire will not ignite even the pilot from the remote control (there are no manual user controls)
All batteries are fully charged.
The gas supply is NOT isolated or blocked
The IR receiver IS detecting signal from the remote control
There is a very quiet "ticking" sound from the control box when the battery pack is connected (not a beeping sound as described in the user manual)
There is no sign of the motor attempting to turn and open the gas valve.

Now, at first I suspected the motorised gas valve would need replacing, but at a cost of over £300 to my customer I want to be 100% certain whether the fault is on the valve itself, or the main control box.

I did some resistance tests on both the gas valve connector block and its connection terminal on the control box...

The results can be seen clearly by right clicking the picture below and selecting open in new tab
gas fire valve.jpg

I hope I have provided enough information to help advise me.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Hi there Rob and welcome along ... Best to get a gas engineer in to have a look and I'm sure hel diagnose the fault ok . If your a gas engineer then get your post count to 10 and message REDSAW or gasman with your registration details and youl gain access to private gas forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire not igniting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock