Discuss G3 Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daren

Building regulation G3 states that the discharge from the pressure relief on an unvented cylinder needs to go to an external waste, what date did this come into force for?

Is this homework /revision ?
It might be more useful to you if you look it up in a book rather than just ask for the answer :smile5:

I thought it just had to terminate in a place where it wont cause any problems with safety as the water will be blinking hot and no one would want that fired at them.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

as far as im aware it can terminate near floor level or even high if turned back into wall

Within 100mm of finished floor, not too sure about returning to wall, internally it can go to waste through hepvo but we were told to ok it first with building control. Didn't really understand that bit though because if it's in the regs to do that why do you need to check with building control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 Building Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
S
Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul? I'm first of all...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need a small water heater for a bathroom sink tap. I was going to have an unvented undercounter unvented cylinder installed by a plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with my current situation. We bought a new build and after getting my boiler and unvented...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock