Discuss FSD on hobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
When testing FSD's and hearing the 'click' a lot of hobs I test don't seem to have these, they are usually old so is that the reason? I have been putting NA on the landlord safety certificates a they don't appear to be present.

Is that correct?

Why would you class it as NCS?

Unless it is in a flat, there is no requirement for the hob to have a safety device.

I wasn't sure if it was a requirement for cookers/hobs etc to have a safety device. Did look it up but couldn't see anything.

If no requirement for it I'll continue to put N/A.

Why would you class it as NCS?

Unless it is in a flat, there is no requirement for the hob to have a safety device.

thanks, i thought i was missing something out for a moment there!@~@

only applicable for new installations in shared dwelling is my take on it!, otherwise ncs.
i just mark na on the form..

Multi occupancy dwellings is ncs! Bit of a silly one that think. A gas explosion is just as dangerous in a semi detached as a flat ! Should be ncs full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FSD on hobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock