Search the forum,

Discuss FSD on hobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
When testing FSD's and hearing the 'click' a lot of hobs I test don't seem to have these, they are usually old so is that the reason? I have been putting NA on the landlord safety certificates a they don't appear to be present.

Is that correct?

Why would you class it as NCS?

Unless it is in a flat, there is no requirement for the hob to have a safety device.

I wasn't sure if it was a requirement for cookers/hobs etc to have a safety device. Did look it up but couldn't see anything.

If no requirement for it I'll continue to put N/A.

Why would you class it as NCS?

Unless it is in a flat, there is no requirement for the hob to have a safety device.

thanks, i thought i was missing something out for a moment there!@~@

only applicable for new installations in shared dwelling is my take on it!, otherwise ncs.
i just mark na on the form..

Multi occupancy dwellings is ncs! Bit of a silly one that think. A gas explosion is just as dangerous in a semi detached as a flat ! Should be ncs full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FSD on hobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am troubleshooting a gas hob where one burner is reluctant to light. When it is lit and I blow the flame out the FSD on that burner cuts off immediately, whereas the others take 5-10 seconds as normal. I have tested the thermoucouple for continuity and also some sort of mV output (when held...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock