Discuss Freebie alert - Salus iT500 internet stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not fitted anything that can be controlled by the internet. Mainly because the majority of customers like a button ON/OFF

anything more than that and they phone me.

i will probably fit this in my house and see how it goes.

Thanks ray and salus, going to fit in my bro's house as he is looking for one of these and give me great experience on fitting. bit surprised that salus are doing these as usually cheap tat, hopefully my opinion will change!!

Just looked at the Williams and co website for prices and they look pretty good. I dont think i live anywhere near one though :(

i have a nice job coming up, combi out new boiler and unvented cylinder going in. I will price it up against where i get my materials from.

Since fitting mine the gas bill has gone down considerably. OK, it was a warm winter, so hard to put a figure on it.

Its set to come on each morning, but for the evening setting I turn it on when leaving my last job which may be anytime between 2-10pm.

Its also great when returning back from holiday, last month I turned my heating on from Malaga airport.

I will say no more, this is beginning to look like a review. ;o)

Yes happy in that it works and was easy to install. Minor glitches with software, especially when the clocks changed last autumn. Also minor glitch in that sometimes you have to set it twice (hard to explain) but not an issue as only a small problem that no doubt a software update will cure one day.

i have not fitted anything that can be controlled by the internet. Mainly because the majority of customers like a button ON/OFF

anything more than that and they phone me.

i will probably fit this in my house and see how it goes.

You won't regret having one mate.

I fit a BG one in my mom and dads house when their integral timer broke, and I have one ready and waiting for when I finally buy my home.

Im finding more and more people are coming round to the idea of this type of technology and really think its the way forward.

When I'm out on the lash I switch ours on in the taxi on the way home and the house is lovely and warm at 4 in the morning when I get back :)

obviously this type of thing is never going to appeal to the old dears who still love their back boiler and fire, but for younger people its amazing.

More ore and more people now have different work patterns and shifts and don't know when they are going to be home, so this enables them to turn their heating on remotely and save heating an empty home, so it'll pay for itself in a year or so.

You won't regret having one mate.

I fit a BG one in my mom and dads house when their integral timer broke, and I have one ready and waiting for when I finally buy my home.

Im finding more and more people are coming round to the idea of this type of technology and really think its the way forward.

When I'm out on the lash I switch ours on in the taxi on the way home and the house is lovely and warm at 4 in the morning when I get back :)

obviously this type of thing is never going to appeal to the old dears who still love their back boiler and fire, but for younger people its amazing.

More ore and more people now have different work patterns and shifts and don't know when they are going to be home, so this enables them to turn their heating on remotely and save heating an empty home, so it'll pay for itself in a year or so.

yes I am starting to agree they are amazing, not just because I will be getting one for free.
Looked at the details online and they look good.

when I recommended salas room stats a while back the world shot me down, now they are free they seem to be the dogs Bs, funny that!

when I recommended salas room stats a while back the world shot me down, now they are free they seem to be the dogs Bs, funny that!

Thats prob because a while ago they were a pile of poop. Id used them and they were poor. Stopped using them because of it. Recently been using altech which apparently is a re badged salus. No issues at all with them. Obviously they have worked on the issues they have.

Looking forward to trying my freebie. Its going straight in my house for a good work out.

The normal salus stats are cheap, nasty and unreliable.

HOWEVER, they're breaking new ground with this product, as the first large controls company to embrace the wifi, and hopefully, if reports are to be believed, it's a vast improvement over their other tosh.

It's the reason they're freebies FOR REVIEW.

Everything is better when its free :)

you make a good good comment about salus being rubbish though, but who knows, this could be the product that turns a corner for them.

These ten that ray has given away will be a great starting point for us engineers to make a judgement from though. The only real way to get to know weather a product is decent or not is to test it.

It could end up being brilliant or it could of the other way and be pants :) but that's the beauty of these tests.

I cant knock the BG I have fitted in my mom and dads home and it's had no problems at all, this test will see how the salus fairs up :)

Ray

Paul delivered my stat me this afternoon.
Thanks very much, and thanks for the biccies and sweeties.
Also liked the personal note from Paul

Should be fitting it over the weekend, so feedback to follow.

Just missed you this afternoon at Petersfield

typical..
in the back room how did i miss this??????????/ffs
got a customer who wants one too!!!!!!!

If any of you guys get one fitted this weekend you can see how it performs when the clocks change.
Last Autumn was a bit of a mess as the update to correct the time was a week or so late.
Hopefully only a teething problem then and issue sorted now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today thanks ray, plus big bag of wine gums, just wondering if your catalogue prices are inc or plus vat!!

Got my stat and wine gums today also, now all I need is some spare time to fit the thing. I am actually quite excited about it, I normally hate doing any work at home.

Mine arrived this morning, along with my favourite sweets!

Hopefully get to fit it tomorrow :)

Many thanks to Ray and the crew at Williams

i am going to fit mine at my wee sisters this week since they dont even have a room stat on there boiler

Mine arrived this lunchtime, along with a bag of wine gums. Many thanks.

Going to fit it in our house this weekend and will report back.

Its come at an opportune time as she has worked out how to operate the programmable room stat.

I have fitted mine and it's working perfectly as we speak.

Where would you like reviews posted Ray?

Just a gentle hint to those with the freebie iT500 - Easter weekend would be a great time to write up your reviews. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freebie alert - Salus iT500 internet stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All Permit me to introduce you to the the Johnson Magnetic Filter. Designed and built in the UK by registered gas engineer Neil Johnson, from...
Replies
Views
smtplumbing
S
R
Before we start, a few quick reminders: Two of these have now gone, to AtouchofGas and Solutions. Three more to go. No change there. Top guys...
Replies
Views
R
£50 off orders over £500 + VAT tonight only Just spend £500 + VAT or more, excluding copper tube at www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk before midnight...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock