Search the forum,

Discuss Forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardd

What form do I need to fill in and present to the customer if I have just completed a gas repair on leaking pipework.

Also what is the best way to keep records of your jobs incase I get an inspection and they which to see a record of my jobs.

I am a newly registered engineer so I am asking the question 2 or three times to make sure I get things right . Sorry if I come across naive but I like things to be 100 % in my head.

CP32 - testing and purging domestic

Last edited by a moderator:
CP32 - testing and purging domestic

gas safe never told me that when i asked them a similar question a while ago, leaking pipe , repaired it and cust asked for paperwork, checked with gas safe to see if i had to issue any and they said no cj=heck tightness etc . mentioned nothing of paperwork.

You don't need to issue anything but it is the usual cya stuff.

Your not obliged to issue any paper, the only time you have to issue paperwork is when doing a cert of somekind or installing a new boiler. I asked the gassafe bloke on my inspection this and that what he said. But he did say issue paperwork whenever you can just to cover your own back. So that what I do.

the only mandatory paperwork is a Landlords Annual Safety Check and a Warning Notice, some appliance manufacturer want benchmark or similar warrenty paperwork for installs, everything else is up to you to decide how much you want to cover your bum, after an incident it will be the usual tutting and shaking of heads if you dont have any paperwork done to try to assist you provong what you did, CORGI used to pushe their paperwork for this reason, as they were selling it, and they tried the suble audit requirement approach

Also what is the best way to keep records of your jobs incase I get an inspection and they which to see a record of my jobs.
There is no legal requirement to keep a record of your work, as long as you keep the taxman happy.
Don't worry about gsr, routine inspecting does not seem to be very high or their list of priorities; I have the distinct impression they work on the principle of "no news is good news".

ive just bought the sprint v2 and im getting the print outs done if i think someone may not believe ive done the tests..

it'll help a lot if you think someone may not take your word for it..

I suppose a detailed report of work carried out on the invoice will be fine . I will also obviously then have a record for for future reference.

I find the 'Gas Installation/Safety Report' pads available from Plumbing Supplies | BES Gas & Plumbing Fittings very good. Code 17065
During in june they're only £3.39 for 50 reports in triplicate.
I fill in the safety details & write up my invoice on them as they have serial numbers for accounting.
For Landlord safety checks I use a separate form, bought from local plumbers merchants then invoice on the GI/SR form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to a job tomorrow where the customar says they have a 1 inch square valve head (what i would call a fire hydrant valve, maybe theres another name) in a manhole that turns the wrong way ie. Anticlockwise is off and clockwise is on. I'm in the Midlands and customer says some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock