Discuss Foreigners? I mean jobs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. How did you guys initially start getting foreigners on the side of your normal 9-5????

I knew this thread would cause a reaction from the SE guys. Whatever puts food on the table. And don't get me started on paying tax. As an employed hard working member of society I pay 40% and over 100 notes a week national insurance.

I understand that on the books you do pay tax and a lot of it, I know I did when I was employed.

But imagine having your boss say to you we haven't got any work for you as we have someone who is gonna do it cash in hand and steal consumables and fittings so I only have to pay him half what you get. You'd be pretty peed off.

I know it goes on a lot but if I found someone I employed doing it they would be gone in a shot.

It's funny because my boss actively encourages me to do foreigners with the full use of company tools and van. Maybe that's down to the pee poor wages he pays. I don't quite understand why tradesmen think there's not enough work to go round??
In my opinion I don't think most people start up a business with the thought of the employees first. It's always money and and how much they can get. Why would hard working tradesmen pass a foreigner to a company, when they'll probably end up doing the job and get paid a lot less for it?

I don't agree with trying to take customers from the company you work for and wouldn't dream of it. Unfortunately businesses have to charge a premium to cover all the over heads.

It's funny because my boss actively encourages me to do foreigners with the full use of company tools and van. Maybe that's down to the pee poor wages he pays. I don't quite understand why tradesmen think there's not enough work to go round??
In my opinion I don't think most people start up a business with the thought of the employees first. It's always money and and how much they can get. Why would hard working tradesmen pass a foreigner to a company, when they'll probably end up doing the job and get paid a lot less for it?

because if they are employed the company pays them a wage every month which (in my mind) is worth a bit of loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Foreigners? I mean jobs. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock