Discuss For sale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

You may have read my previous post about a customer that cancelled a job at the last minute and that I had a load of copper as a result. Just come back from the merchants and despite saying they would take it back over the phone they said they cant do it so very very very hacked off.

Ok, so I am selling the following as cant afford to have it laying around and not enough cash flow to hang on to it and not enough worked booked in.

4 x bundles 15mm
3 x bundles 22mm
4 x length 28mm

Happy to take any RESONABLE offers, buyer collects from Swindon - receipts to prove when and where I bought it - in perfect condition

cheers all

Your merchants are out of order. I would have went mental.

Worst case, take it to the scrappies. You should get between £4.20 and 4.50/kg for new copper atm.
30kg of 15mm, 45kg of 22mm and 7.6kg of 1" = between £350 and 370

must admit,merchants are taking the micky but probably struggling with sales targets ,thats not your problem and with attitudes like this ,no wonder they are struggling with hitting targets if that is the case!

As Tam says I would not have been a happy chap and would have kicked up about this ....................

I just can not believe that they are not willing to take it back!!! especially if you use them most of the time , i have no probs with 2 of the guys i use , they credit my a/c or if nothing oweing just give cash back,

with there attitude i"d tell them to (whistle)""""""

cheers all. it was mental, normally their good as gold with me but wouldnt budge - i told them its an f-ing joke and that i'll buy my boiler and bathroom suites elsewhere. I may only be a 1 man band but they need me more than I need them with the amount of merchants poping up.

If it was a PC companay iv'e had lots of problems with these, closed my account with them, use independent supply's now get much better service, nothing to much trouble, and just as good prices.

Hi all,

You may have read my previous post about a customer that cancelled a job at the last minute and that I had a load of copper as a result. Just come back from the merchants and despite saying they would take it back over the phone they said they cant do it so very very very hacked off.

Ok, so I am selling the following as cant afford to have it laying around and not enough cash flow to hang on to it and not enough worked booked in.

4 x bundles 15mm
3 x bundles 22mm
4 x length 28mm

Happy to take any RESONABLE offers, buyer collects from Swindon - receipts to prove when and where I bought it - in perfect condition

cheers all
seems pointless but you never no, i'd have 2x 15 and 2x 22 (bundles) but can not collect from swindon and if a delivery charge is to be paid i'd get it cheaper at the local,told you it was pointless. pm me

Last edited:
I've come across suppliers that charge an admin fee for returned orders but refusing point blank to take it back is a bit rough. I would complain to their head office if they have one or at least take it up with someone higher in their organisation.

Selling the pipe cheap would really be a last resort, surely this is bread and butter stock that you'd use every day on just about any job??? I wouldn't sell it at a loss, it doesn't make financial sense.

Love to hang on to it mate but on a big commercial job till December so not doing any domestic work at the moment and the need the dosh.
I've come across suppliers that charge an admin fee for returned orders but refusing point blank to take it back is a bit rough. I would complain to their head office if they have one or at least take it up with someone higher in their organisation.

Selling the pipe cheap would really be a last resort, surely this is bread and butter stock that you'd use every day on just about any job??? I wouldn't sell it at a loss, it doesn't make financial sense.

Merchants being very unreasonable, I hope you made it very clear to them that you won't be buying as much as a olive from them again. Very poor form on there behalf.

how long is it from you purchased the copper, if within a reasonable time scale you should be entitled to a refund,they may be entitled to issue a handling charge in doing so, threaten to contact trading standards or actually contact them to see exactly where you stand

i would name and shame them and hopefully other plumbers in your area reading this will decide to take there business to a more reasonable merchant.

I agree with all the posts saying you should

A/ Go mental at them.
B/ Ask to speak to manager.
C/ Tell them you won't ever use them again.
D/ Threaten to contact trading standards.
E/ Name and shame them here.

Terrible customer service. Its copper tube, unless its all oxidised then it should go back no problems at all.

one thing you could do is go into the merchants, wait for somebody to come in and ask for some bundles of pipe and then walk over and offer yours for less. You may get chucked out but who care they should have helped you out in the first place.

Ok name and shame time.

City Plumbing Supplies, Swindon, Westmead Industrial Estate.

Thats strange I use City Plumbing (Plymouth) Never get any problems returning anything ! Ring Head office, think local Branch Manager is a Total :asshole:

Just out of curiosity, did you charge customer? Maybe some small print is needed?
I always charge customer deposit before the start of work. Then it stops this exact situation. Even if labour is less then materials.

if they dont want to pay then they can always getmaterials themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate, I do normally b ut on this occasion it was a bit of an awkward one, one of those help a mate for someone else type of jobs.
Just out of curiosity, did you charge customer? Maybe some small print is needed?
I always charge customer deposit before the start of work. Then it stops this exact situation. Even if labour is less then materials.

if they dont want to pay then they can always getmaterials themselves.

It's always those sort of jobs that turn out to be the most hassle!

Been down the Blunsdon today?

No mate, I do normally b ut on this occasion it was a bit of an awkward one, one of those help a mate for someone else type of jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to For sale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New for 2012 is the Plumbers Merchant point of sale A5 leaflets for Porsadrill tile drills from 365. Diamond core drilling of very hard...
Replies
Views
365drills
W
Recently I have had two call backs regarding the bottom entry inlet valve :mad: First one stopped working after 4 weeks, today had a call from a...
Replies
Views
Winston
W
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock