Discuss flux brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plumb center flux brushes I use, PTS ones are rubish n don't last long. I clean the fitting with flux afterwards then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Applying more flux to the join helps the solder run around the joint also. I use end feed fittings.

Never have green flux marks left on my pipe

Plumb center flux brushes I use, PTS ones are rubish n don't last long. I clean the fitting with flux afterwards then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Applying more flux to the join helps the solder run around the joint also. I use end feed fittings.

Never have green flux marks left on my pipe ��
So you wipe the fitting with your flux brush after soldering before the solder has set to aid the solder running? I used to do this but was burning the bristles on the flux brush

I do it and very rarely get leaks, the Plumb center brushes are good quality and last long enough and I use them very day.

the only thing I go in plumb centre for...brushes and there jet blue paste

Your all doing it wrong have a search on ebay for hog hair brushes, 1 brush will last months and thats even applying flux to fitting straight after soldering.

Do most people wipe fittings with flux after soldering as its still setting?

I haven't seen it in any of the soldering guides I've read and I don't feel the need to do it myself but suppose the end result is the most important thing. If it's sound and neat then I suppose it doesn't matter how you get there. I don't like doing it though. A waste of flux in my opinion and I get good results without doing that so I'm not about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flux brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock