Discuss Flux Brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know of any decent or good flux brushes im sick to death of using crap ones that fall apart after 2 mins of use i must have gone though about 10 in the past week

cheers all

I use ones from any merchants, they normally last me ages a few months.
what you doing with them?

search on ebay for craft or glue brushes, looking for the type that they use in infant schools etc......

Do you clean them off after use? I've had the same pack of 3 brushes for a year. Just the cheapo ones from plumbs.

Those all plastic (craft type) that someone mentions are really good. They dont rot like the metal or wood ones.

Most merchants don't sell em though.

I've actually started buying packs from B&Q. About £4 for 5 brushes which still aint cheap. Last me a good few months.

I can make mine last a good month and i brush the freshly soldered joints as well

I had one for about a yr. Lost it and bought the cheap set of 3 from plumb centre and lost them all in a week. I usually wipe them off at the end of the day

Mine last me ages, I've been plumbing for nearly seven years and I'm only on my 5th or 6th brush. I get my mum to get mine as she works in a school so they are the good ones and there free :)

I bend mine over in the tub of Ever Flux and when the tubs done, I chuck the brush too.

Considering how long a tub of flux lasts (months) I don't get through too many.

I'm really weird about getting grit and crap in the flux tub. I don't like it at all. If I get a load of grit in the tub, I'll get some paper towel and clean it out!

i use the ones from pts seem to last a few months - my mate is old school he uses his finger .

If I used my finger with Ever Flux, I wouldn't have a finger tip by the end of the month.

After years of using it, for some reason it's started to eat me. I'm trying to use Powerflow, but had a leaky joint the other week.

I have about one dodgy joint a year, if that normally. So a bit unnerving, but probably just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux Brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock