Currently reading:
Flux Brushes

Discuss Flux Brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know of any decent or good flux brushes im sick to death of using crap ones that fall apart after 2 mins of use i must have gone though about 10 in the past week

cheers all

I'm a pipe fluxer. Flux the fitting and excess is pushed into the pipe and can cause corrosion and allow excess solder to be drawn into the pipe. This is often the cause of those annoying little solder balls that rattle around inside CH pumps. Flux the pipe and excess is pushed out and can be wiped off with a damp cloth before you solder the joint. I saw a guy pulled up in his core gas safety for fluxing a fitting.

It's a case of each to their own. We're all creatures of habit, and I do it the way my dad showed me. Can't change now!

i can see the point of not doing it on gas because there is no water to flush it away!

Monument pack of 3 last over a year
And I flux pipe and fitting and can safely say I have done thousands and thousands and never seen flux eat through yet lol

i use artist type paint brushes with tape over the metal can pick em really cheap at wilkos etc cos there not labelled flux brushes and aimed at plumbers...I'm a pipe and fitting man.

I should do this poll. I reckon the majority of us are pipe and fitting. I'm gonna work out how to do it.

danny, click on post new thread , look at the bottom i can see an option for doing it

Flux Pipe and fittings.
solder joints then wipe over with brush to move on quickly as it will get me home 20 seconds earlier.
flux brush left in tub always and I can't remember the last time I changed it.
Oh yes I do the lot.

Never lend your flux brush to one of those wronguns that start wiping the joint after its just been soldered and the solder is still molten :)

If you want to do a neat vertical joint then heat up the joint first a bit before you wipe the excess away.

I flux both the pipe and fitting aswell, but use a very thin layer on each any lumps of flux get wiped out. i could understand maybe if people were using laco or powerflux or whatever that yellow tubbed mosturiser is called and were applying a thick layer to each then as you couple it together excess flux would be forced into the pipework. But i dont think theres a problem doing a thin layer of everflux on both pipe and fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux Brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock