Discuss Flush valve buttons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stufai

Our old Impulse cascade flush valve broke so I've tried to replace it today. However, the Impulse valve is no longer manufactured. The problem I have is that it is an oblong/rectangular button and all new flush valves are designed for round buttons.

Is it possible to get an adaptor, or is there any other way around this other than having to get a new cistern lid with a round hole?

Thanks in advance.

the last one I did that had a square hole for the push button the cust got a replacement flush valve and that also packed in after about 6 month I ended up supplying a new cistern with a standard circular push button with a good quality flush valve

I have the very same problem. My toilet was constantly filling with water. A plumber that I knew through work came in and basically said I needed a new flush valve. I myself had already renewed the ball valve with a fluid master. Anyway the guy fitted a completely different flush valve which had a round push button. Marvellous, I have a gap either side of the button, not great! I still have the retangular push button although it has a lot of limescale on it as I live in a hard water area. If I can clean that up it would save me about 20 quid. I still need to get a new flush valve. I have emailed Lunns and another company which I found on the internet. I'm hoping they will be able to supply the new flush valve although I agree the cost seems ridiculous. Do you think the fluid master one would fit? I am a woman on a mission and I am determined to get this sorted! Any help would be appreciated :)

After 2 weeks of different attempts and decisions, I've got mine sorted.

I initially bought a new flush valve (for £20), but putting a round button in a rectangular hole looked stupid. And there was no way to connect the new flush valves to my old rectangular buttons.

So I followed advice here, and bought a new toilet for £60. However, once fitted it didn't quite fit into the same hole in the lino as it was obviously a slightly different size, so I decided against that as well.

In the end I bought the same old flush valve that I had used previously from Lunns. It cost just over £60, but at least it fits and works.

Hello we price this valve this high as it is obsolete. It hasn't been made for 7 years and is impossible to get hold of. Sadly there isn't a replacement for this valve as the height and button shape is a pig. A cheap b&q pan cistern and seat would suit at the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush valve buttons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back