Discuss fluke multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just been on the fluke website as im looking at getting a new multimeter, from lookinhg through the forums it seems the fluke 116 is the one to go for, they dont list that on there website now, i can get elswere but has anyone seen the fluke 233? looks quite handy. Dont know if thats the updated version of the 116, do you think i should go with the 116 still? please advise. Thanks!

Im happy to spend the money as long as i know im getting the best model. Theres quite a few to chose from, that new 233 i was on about looks good because you can take the head off the multimeter seperately from the body and it sends a wireless signal between the two so you wont struggle to read the screen when testing unlike normal multimeters, just don't know if its better than another model in our line of work. Just want the best one for boiler fault findig basicaly.

To be honest I think the 233 is a larger, heavier, gimmicky, waste of money.

More to go wrong! I can guarantee this will not last the pace of a soild 114,115 or 116 unit.

The 114 does more than 95% of us will need as far as meters go. If you want bit more go for the 116.

ur probably right, think i will go for the 116, hopefully i will get a good price from my stockist

That Kit does look good and i am sure it does the job. But whenever i see people using that make i ask my self this. Was the test ok or did they Fluke it ? Btw i might get that kit :)

What do you want it to do?

i got the Fluke H & V one that BG engineers use , I have since bought a TPI 270 which does a lot more than the fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fluke multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock