Discuss Fluid master combo set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Hi There

Am sure all you old hands out there have cottoned on to this one, but for the ones starting out heres a little bit of heads up on a descent money saving/profit spare parts purchase.

Currently I purchase fluid master combo fill valve and push button syphon kit and always keep as part of my parts inventory on the van. With my plumbfix account I pay £14.74 inc vat which I think is a pretty keen price when you consider how much some merchants charge for them alone.Screwfix sells them singularly for £10.99 & £11.99 respectively.

If somebody asks for an upgrade to push button syphon or replacement for the existing I charge £70 for the whole job including doughnut washer at say circa £2.50. Outlay to me in parts approx £9.74 profit £60 for 1/2 hours work if everything flies, not a bad return

Replacement fill valve I charge £65, parts cost £7.37inc vat, profit £57.63 for 15-20 minutes work, again not a bad return.

Obviously you will make more if you use a standard ball valve & cheap syphon, but I sell these to the customer on the basis that these are quality parts with a tested record of reliability, control over amount of water used in a flush.In three years havent been let down once.

Bob

PS times based on a straight forward job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fluid master combo set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back