Discuss Flue leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkh278

Hello all!!!
I subscribed to Britsh Gas Home Care for boiler cover. The engineer came today and told me that "flue is leaking" and advised me to sort it before they can provide any cover. I live in a flat. Questions to those who knows:
- who do i need to contact to look into the causes of the leaking;
- as the flue is not inside my flat would that be covered by the builder's insurance. my management company says "it doesn't" but i tent not to rely on this respond.
would appreciate any advice
many thanks

Any good engineer would quite rightly switch off and condemn an unsafe appliance especially if it were leaking combustion products into your property. but would need more information to verify that. At first instance I would avoid using the appliance and get a proper Gas Safe engineer to come to your property to inspect and assess your flue system, check the seals of the flue seals and burner chamber seals and possibly use analysis equipment to test for any combustion spillage etc. The flue is part of the boiler whether or not that is outside or inside if you are the landlord you will be responsible for the repairs most probably.
Goof luck

Any good engineer would quite rightly switch off and condemn an unsafe appliance especially if it were leaking combustion products into your property. but would need more information to verify that. At first instance I would avoid using the appliance and get a proper Gas Safe engineer to come to your property to inspect and assess your flue system, check the seals of the flue seals and burner chamber seals and possibly use analysis equipment to test for any combustion spillage etc. The flue is part of the boiler whether or not that is outside or inside if you are the landlord you will be responsible for the repairs most probably.
Goof luck

many thanks. how much would call out and resolving the problem cost? approximately?

Depends greatly on where you live and what's involved cocker! Difficult to say without taking a look,

Best thing you can do is have a butchers at the gas safe website (after you've told us what area you're in first, one of us could be local to you!) and get yourself 2 or 3 estimates.

Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered with Gas Safe Register

many thanks Croppie. I am located in Barking (East London). Did not quiete understand as to what to do with "butchers at the gas safe website". Apologies. Would appreciate clarifications.
many thanks

What is it leaking gases/air in take or water getting in from out side ?

As said can not see BG leaving on if leaking other than water !!

many thanks Croppie. I am located in Barking (East London). Did not quiete understand as to what to do with "butchers at the gas safe website". Apologies. Would appreciate clarifications.
many thanks

lol! Living in London you should've picked up a bit of rhyming slang!

"Have a butchers" = "Have a look"

Hope that helps!

lol! Living in London you should've picked up a bit of rhyming slang!

"Have a butchers" = "Have a look"

Hope that helps!

So what we doing .....looking at the job or butchering it.......makes not difference to me..............good at both
;):D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
All advice appreciated. I've made a number of bad decisions & trying to stop the flow. I used a small plumbing company (one man band but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the process of refurbishing a storey semi-detached house in London, UK. This is a complete refurb, including new pipes chased...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Hi To All Seniors.. I'm Posting This Thread .. as I was Reading This on Gas Safe Website and it really confused me. I Usually while doing...
Replies
Views
Back