Discuss Flue for old atmospheric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Its so old no one can agree on how to flue it, let alone categorise it!

Speak for yourself. I know exactly how ot should be done. I also understand the "procedure", and it does not involve lying to justify condemning a boiler, a tactic often claimed to be employed.

I will say, however, that I cannot find my post immediately after the hole was brought to attention. I may have said it may cause this to be elevated from NCS to AR. I meant ID. I think that if a call was placed to Gas Safe that they would say that you cannot effectively "repair" it, although a few bands of silver tape probably would. All my NCS comments are based on the liner being sound, and the appliance passing the tests.

I have come across many flue liners in lofts, used to connect the transition block to a roof terminal. Obviously wrong, but I checked with GS (or maybe Corgi), and the advice was as expected. NCS assuming etc...

A lot of those I visited were to fit a fire, but all of those were upgraded, or the job declined.

I’ve moved this to the gs area as the op has an answer. Please try and keep it civil chaps we’re all on the same side

Reply to Flue for old atmospheric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock