Search the forum,

Discuss Flue extension and adjustment - Gas Safe Engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

First post here so go easy please.

Can anyone add an extension to a gas flue on a combi boiler or adjust an extension or does it need to be done by a gas safe registered engineer.

Thank you

As above the only problem I can see if the boiler is old they may have stop making the flue/ not cost effective so the only way might be a new boiler

scott_d, I've been having issues with the vapour plume coming from a downstairs neighbours flue in the flat below me who has been using his mate on the flue. I very much doubt whether his mate is GS registered engineer.

Shaun, I appreciate all input but have you got the right thread mate?

scott_d, I've been having issues with the vapour plume coming from a downstairs neighbours flue in the flat below me who has been using his mate on the flue. I very much doubt whether his mate is GS registered engineer.

Shaun, I appreciate all input but have you got the right thread mate?

Yes but some times flue extensions / parts are not available so the only way if that would be the case is a new boiler

And if your having a problem with downstairs boiler have you talked to him about it ?

The boiler is only 17 months old. The guy downstairs says its compliant despite me telling him that when the wind blows in an unfavourable direction the vapour plume blows over our balcony

If the flue is compliant and your neighbour won't do anything then you have only a few courses of action.

1. Employ a gsr to check it out for you to ensure the flue position is compliant.
2. Move.
3. Get on with it. Worse things going on in the world.

The boiler is only 17 months old. The guy downstairs says its compliant despite me telling him that when the wind blows in an unfavourable direction the vapour plume blows over our balcony

Anything under 300mm to an open window/ most is illegal, but as you have said/ I feel there is nothing wrong except nuisance maybe but that's a stretch

Pluming on to your property is a right bloody pain, but sometimes is unavoidable depending on wind direction and cold temperatures , as said , get sombody round to check it

Could always ask for divine intervention and get wind direction changed ! :Angel_anim:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue extension and adjustment - Gas Safe Engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock