Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue clamps / brackets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone here know what the most economic flue bracket for standard concentric 60/100 flues is. Im looking for an inexpensive bracket doesnt have to be pretty as I will mainly use them in lofts. Im not interested in builders band etc just whether there might be a particular manu who sells a decent flue bracket that doesnt cost the earth and can be sensibly used with any 60/100 concentric flue.

worcester though bolts are crap,hard to fit because there too short but they are the cheapest

The best ones I've used are the multi fit ones from Baxi. Really easy to fit, so save time. Available in painted and un painted and a few sizes. You can also buy some threaded rod to increase the Distance from the wall/timber it's fixed to or cut the rod it comes with to shorten it.

Get an unlined pipe clip, fit a 10mm iron wall plate and use a 10mm stud. This costs about ÂŁ4 Baxi ones can be discounted down to about ÂŁ7?

Baxi are cheap as mentioned. Plumbfix sells them at a good price from memory but will prob not be on the shelf so next day order needed.

Plumb center are hit and miss, but Wolverhampton usually keep 30 in stock with the above part no. 118759, which is the painted version. Not sure how much or how quickly they can get the unpainted ones or if the price difference is worth it.

who says? cant see why you need to buy them, I have a bucket full in the store from all the 1m extns I cut down to get flues to fit and never use.

Ye, galv band is not acceptable. Not rigid means of securing the flue and pulls it to one side rather than holding it in it's position.

worcester though bolts are crap,hard to fit because there too short but they are the cheapest

buy your Worcester clips from parts centre,at the same time buy the longer bolts from the display behind the counter,and they work great,use the standard worcestor bolts and you will have a bad day,Worcestor please give us a reply why your bolts are almost impossible to use

Funny you should say that. I was on a Worcester training van today and the subject came up. I'm told it has been reported to R&D and they have agreed it needs a longer bolt and is waiting for someone to sign the order so we may see longer bolts in the near future.

Funny you should say that. I was on a Worcester training van today and the subject came up. I'm told it has been reported to R&D and they have agreed it needs a longer bolt and is waiting for someone to sign the order so we may see longer bolts in the near future.

why in the first place they even allowed to have bolts which can hardly be used.....

on the worcester brackets just screw the bolts in before you put it on the flue and get it as tight as possible it bends the 1 part slightly and then its easy to tighten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue clamps / brackets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock