Search the forum,

Discuss flue box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you connect a flexi liner direct to box,if you can how do you fit a 5 inch liner into mf10 vent on top of flue box ,what a mission, is there a knack

What's an mf10? :)

It's been a long time since I've seen a purpose made flue box desrob but the one's i remember came with a collar on the top to self tap the liner too! What does the one you have in mind have?

It's been a long time since I've seen a purpose made flue box desrob but the one's i remember came with a collar on the top to self tap the liner too! What does the one you have in mind have?
that would be a collector normally only suitable for outsets i think desrobs looking at a twin walled ILFE box

on the top of twin walled flue box is a mf10 gas vent,like your collar,it's a tight fit for my 5 inch flexi liner if a flexi liner can go straight on to gas vent or as i was informed "i think wrongly"it has to be a ridgid

that would be a collector normally only suitable for outsets i think desrobs looking at a twin walled ILFE box

Flue liner says to me old fireplace, no twin wall, maybe wrong ... :) What do you mean by "outsets" mate? never heard that before :)

on the top of twin walled flue box is a mf10 gas vent,like your collar,it's a tight fit for my 5 inch flexi liner if a flexi liner can go straight on to gas vent or as i was informed "i think wrongly"it has to be a ridgid

Can't you get a twin wall to copex adapter? Is it ritevent? As far as i remember you have to make any joints accessible for inspection?

to be honest the jobs a nightmare, from the flue 5 inch mf 10 gas vent i need to connect to a dunbrik exit clay liner with a inside id of 160mm.....help.

Flue liner says to me old fireplace, no twin wall, maybe wrong ... :) What do you mean by "outsets" mate? never heard that before :)
by twin wall i mean the box its self is twin walled and normally the spigot is as well,by outsets as in outset fire,all the SFL branded boxes i have seen are either single walled collectors for use with liners or double walled boxes for selkirk twin walled pipe

Do you need to line the clay flue desrob? can you get away with putting twinwall into it then sealing the space remaining?

by twin wall i mean the box its self is twin walled and normally the spigot is as well,by outsets as in outset fire,all the SFL branded boxes i have seen are either single walled collectors for use with liners or double walled boxes for selkirk twin walled pipe
radiant mi asks for twin walled box,and min125mm flexi liner..?

Do you need to line the clay flue desrob? can you get away with putting twinwall into it then sealing the space remaining?
i hope so rope and high temp cement, but to be honest and back to original thread i can't even get the liner into top of flue box 125mm flexi liner flue box with a mf10 gas vent.

i hope so rope and high temp cement, but to be honest and back to original thread i can't even get the liner into top of flue box 125mm flexi liner flue box with a mf10 gas vent.

Is it the physical dimentions of the flue box and the existing opening that's hampering install? Can you fit the flue and collar up the flue then insert box and re-fit collar and seal? Am I on the same page? :D

[DLMURL]http://www.selkirkchimney.co.uk/documents/products/catalogue-insta-lock.pdf[/DLMURL]

the fluebox is at the bottom of the page this clearly shows a 125mm IL locking connector but look tyo the left of the page at the adaptors you will need to check with selkirk or sfl as they call them selves now but i think that will get you out of trouble

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL]http://www.selkirkchimney.co.uk/documents/products/catalogue-insta-lock.pdf[/DLMURL]

the fluebox is at the bottom of the page this clearly shows a 125mm IL locking connector but look tyo the left of the page at the adaptors you will need to check with selkirk or sfl as they call them selves now but i think that will get you out of trouble
i need to phone manufactors thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the physical dimentions of the flue box and the existing opening that's hampering install? Can you fit the flue and collar up the flue then insert box and re-fit collar and seal? Am I on the same page? :D
yes, but the mf10 gas vent is part of flue box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock