Discuss flu options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at thre camray utilty 18/25 as a replacement boiler. just reading the spec and it says conventional or balanced flu can be used ?? is there an adaptor for the air intake or something ?

Yes you can go conventional and use one of their flexi chimney liners, can't think of another reason why you choose C/F over R/S. I think what ever option you go for come's with the relevant adaptor.

ah rite ok, existing boiler is an old danesmoor 15/19 (obselete) with C/F that goes up existing chimney, no real access so not sure what best option is, at least a flexi could be dropped down from above if make a small opening at bottom ?

Just remember you need 600mm of rigid flue off the top of the boiler, and the joint rigid-flexi must be accessible. 9 times out of 10 this means breaking into the chimney and fitting an inspection hatch which can take a while.

Done a few of these though and they aren't too bad, flue is a bit pricey though for what it is.

for sure, just been looking through trade book, If i had the choice i would put it nearer the outer wall and go through with the standard telescopic, but its in the center of the garage, utilizing the chimney, ok so bit more work envolved then i thought. ! will have to go back and measure up the wall and see where i can make an access panel. It says boiler should not support the weight ? only support would be a single bracket above boiler then the wall through the chimney . ?

Liners expensive, no way to get nearer an outside wall?

the simplest response makes the most sense............never even thought about through roof, im sure it can be done its an apex tiled front, but the back is one of them thats covered in chippings ? sure can get a cowel, roof flashing to tidy it up. One last question if I may, refering to flow and return pipe sizes (not on this boiler) flow is 1 1/2" BSP and return is 28mm, is this just the same as using 32mm copper for the flow ????

no its deffo 1 1/2" but that of course relates to the steel adaptor that screws into the boiler casing not the pipe size doesent it now that I think of it.

Im just looking at different boilers , as need something big enough to heat a 6 bed 4 bathroom house, incooperating the H2 panel, an unvented cylinder and U/F/H to the downstairs (rads upstairs) the danesmoor HE 32/50 said 1 1/2" flow pipe, until i looked again and think it meant fitting, to 22 or 28 mm pipe, although the return is a 22mm.

Danesmoor in utility - unvented cylinder and H2 panel in upstairs cupboard - solid fuel fire in main living area, with F&E in loft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flu options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock